A jumping rope is the most inexpensive and useful tool that fights extra pounds. You don’t have to force yourself to go outside or to the gym, or even lift heavy dumbbells and barbells to get your body in shape. Taking a little time to exercise with a rope will help you to lose weight in a short time with pleasure.
We have analysed various jumping rope workouts and have chosen the most effective exercises for you.
THE BENEFITS OF JUMPING ROPE
The benefits of such training are quite large. Rope exercises target different muscle groups, from the arms and back, to the glutes and calves. It is possible to keep the body in good shape and strengthen it. Jumping helps to tighten the hips, flatten the belly and improve the figure.
Such activities also affect another person’s abilities. He learns to maintain balance better, his level of endurance and coordination increases and a speed reaction improves.
Regular exercise is great for the cardiovascular system. Therefore, experts recommend purchasing a rope even for older people, if those, of course, have no contraindications to such pressure being put on their legs. It is also useful to jump for people suffering from shortness of breath. As in order to keep pace, you need to maintain your breathing.
The complex of physical exercises on the rope is especially popular among women. It helps to fight cellulite. Therefore, if you want to get rid of it, a rope will be an excellent helper. In addition, regular workouts reduce the risk of varicose veins.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO LOSE WEIGHT USING A JUMPING ROPE?
The rope is actively used for weight loss. This is due to the fact that the monotonous and accelerated pace of jumping, puts pressure on the body more than jogging or swimming. The intensity and high-speed help to burn fat and the result can be seen pretty quickly. The main idea is to follow the basic rules and to not miss classes. Let’s take a closer look at how to lose weight with a jumping rope and what techniques should be followed to train certain areas.
Such a complex is performed at first, as you need to warm up the muscles and stretch them out. This will facilitate the training itself and prevent burdening the body. In addition to simple jumps for the warm-up, there are stretching techniques:
- Stand up and spread your arms at shoulder level. Take a rope and alternately move your hands as if you were working with oars.
- Lie on your back, bend your leg and bring your knee to your chest. Place the double-folded rope on the boot shaft and pull gently. This pose stretches the back of the thigh and the buttocks.
- Grasp the rope, stand up straight and raise your hands. Lean left and right. This will warm up your oblique muscles.
The warm-up also includes running with a rope, which becomes an excellent alternative to a real jogging. Which is good, for example, in winter, when you do not want to go out.
COMMON DEVELOPMENTAL EXERCISES WITH A ROPE
If you are not pursuing the goal of flattening the belly or strengthening a specific part of the body, simple jumping techniques are suitable for you. They are aimed at overall development and include basic exercises. They should be performed in a certain manner. You need to bend your arms and take them to the sides by 15-20 cm. Your shoulders should be motionless. The jumps themselves are performed on the toes.
- Solitary, when both feet jump at once for each rotation of the rope.
- Put your feet close to each other, jump. When jumping again, spread your legs to the sides. But not very wide, about 40-50 cm. By the same principle, you can spread your legs back and forth. Only at the same time. Put the right forward and throw the left back, and vice versa.
- Alternate jumps on one leg.
We recommend incorporating these exercises into every workout such as; after warm-ups and before targeting specific areas.
EXERCISES WITH A JUMPING ROPE FOR FLATTENING THE ABDOMEN
Abdominal exercises can help to burn extra calories and to tighten your stomach. Use them, gradually increase the time you exercise and the centimetres of the waist will quickly reduce. This can be achieved by alternating the following techniques:
- Single. Just jump at a steady pace, changing your speed from time to time.
- With the rise of the knees. It is important not just to lift your feet off the floor, but to pull your knees as high as possible.
- Moving to the sides. Jump left and right with each rotation of the rope.
- With lunges. You need to jump not in one place, but with alternate steps forward and backwards.
The abdominal muscles are heavily involved in this set therefore helping the fat to be burned in the waist area.
JUMPING ROPE EXERCISES FOR THE BUTTOCKS
The buttocks are one of the common problem areas. All women want to make them firm and fit. Interesting and simple exercises with the same tool will help with this:
- Double jumps. During one rotation of the rope, you must jump twice. Repeat for 10 minutes. This type does not allow developing high speed and therefore it is often left for the breathing recovery stage.
- Jump moderately or pick up speed and bend your legs as much as possible, so that your heels touch your buttocks.
- U-turns. Maintain a set rhythm, keep your back straight and rotate your knees and hips to the sides each time you take off from the floor surface.
This set of exercises is also suitable for slimming the legs.
FAT BURNING EXERCISES WITH A JUMPING ROPE
We have already considered that it is possible to get rid of excess weight with the help of this tool. Now we will tell you how to lose weight quickly. To achieve results quicker, it is better to use interval training, which is; 30 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. However, the total amount of time can be only 10-13 minutes. This does not mean that you will make yourself super fit in a week. But the more effort you put in, the faster you will see results. The program needs to include:
- Jumping with a double turn. When in one lift off the floor, the rope spins two times.
- Jumping inside a circle with a squat. Place the rope on the floor in a circle in front of you. Jump to the centre of the formed figure and back. Sit outside the circle, return to an upright position and repeat.
- Knee jumps.
These and other tricks used actively and intensively will eliminate body fat faster.
ARM EXERCISES WITH A JUMPING ROPE
There are not many techniques for working out the shoulders and biceps. After all, the standard jumping method involves the movement of the hands only. But we have selected a couple of exercises which you can use to train your arms:
- Crossbreeding. Start jumping. Get the pace. When ready, cross your arms, while pointing the rope up. Take the jump with your legs raised slightly higher than usual. Then spread your arms and jump again. Alternate between these movements.
- No jumping. While standing, roll the rope 3-4 times. Take your hands behind your back and hold the rope by the edges. Bend slowly forward and pull your arms back.
Incorporate these moves into your workout routine and strengthen your biceps and triceps.
ROPE EXERCISES FOR MEN
Usually programs for men are no different from women’s workouts. Exercises can be performed by everyone, depending only on a person’s physical fitness. The most popular among men are:
- Running both on the spot and in motion;
- Scissors with raising the legs to the sides and together, as well as crossing them at every second jump;
- Landing on heels and toes alternately.
The benefits of jumping for men can hardly be overestimated, although many consider such an activity as odd or funny.
JUMPING ROPE EXERCISES WITHOUT JUMPING
A jump rope is a versatile piece of equipment that can be used for other purposes. It coordinates movement and helps muscles to work even without much effort.
- Stand in the middle of the rope, fix your leg on it. Hooking it with your foot and take your leg as far back as possible. Try to hold out for 15-25 seconds. Exercise is aimed at strengthening the gluteal muscles.
- Sit on the floor, stretch your legs. Fold the rope and hook it onto your feet. Keeping the rope tight, bend as low as possible and hold this position for 20-30 seconds.
- Lie down, stretch your arms up and lift the folded rope. Move your legs through the rope, keeping your lower back on the floor. Return to starting position and repeat.
What are these exercises for? They work on the muscles in the core, arms, legs and keep them toned and improve your flexibility.
A beginner workout program cannot include all exercises at once. You must first develop the base, sharpen simple skills and only then, move on to the more complex options. Remember that speed and intensity in this matter, for both beginners and professionals, play an important role. We recommend exercising 2-3 days a week for 30 minutes. For some, half an hour may not seem like enough. But if you give 100% effort, you can achieve your goals.